Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Hell No, We Won't...er, what are we doing here again?

So I'm driving along Bloor Street just east of Yonge and I notice a group of 50 or so protesters outside the Marriott hotel. Their cause? I don't know.

Granted I didn't see all of the placards, but among the 6 or 8 that I did see, none told me why they were there. They said 'Westin,' and 'The Prince Hotel,' which in itself is odd because they were outside the Marriott, which isn't affiliated with Westin, but nothing about what (if anything) either hotel chain did wrong.

Is it possible they were demonstrating in favour of of Westin? Trying, through their actions, to compel more people to stay at the company's hotels?

Alas, I may never know

What I do know is I will definitely start using this experience to demonstrate to clients a fundamental rule in effective communications: that no matter how effective your medium, you've got to have a message.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home