Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Test Your Site on 30 Different Browsers: a great, free resource...if it worked.

"See how your site looks in various versions of Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Netscape, Mozilla, Firebird, Dillo, Opera, Seamonkey, K-Meleon, Konquerer and more. Counted a total of 30 setups between Linux, Mac, and Windows. Also configurable to see your site in different resolutions,". say the owners of Browsershots.org.

It's really a great idea, a simple and obvious step that surprisingly, many firms unfortunately overlook. Having a 15" monitor on my laptop, it's quite clear to me when a company has failed to test their websites on different monitors, browers or resolutions. Now that I've got a Treo (awesome...maybe my first product review to come), I can easily see how resolution/browser issues are only magnified with the proliferation of Palms and Blackberries (which, at least based on some of my colleagues, is the primary means of online interaction for some).

Unfortunately, after half a dozen attempts ; twice I got an erroneous error (telling me to add something that was already in the URL I typed), and the other few times I encountered an "internal traceback" error. Still, if the service actually does what it says it does, I'm going to give it a few more chances and hope the bugs get worked out.

read more digg story

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home